At the Intersection of Guns and Mental Health: The Intermediate Course
The gracious support of the professionals who hosted the event allows us to make this class free. We believe that giving this knowledge to clinicians is a crucial part of our mission to bridge the gap between mental health and firearms. If you enjoy this class and would like to support us, please consider donating. We couldn’t do this without your support!
At the end of this course, attendees will:
- improve their understanding of the stigma related to mental health care among the medicine, EMS, law enforcement and veteran communities
- learn how to validate the experiences of various professionals who traditionally do not seek counseling;
- increase their empathy and understanding related to the medicine, EMS, law enforcement and veteran communities;
- improve their understanding of the daily work involved with medicine, EMS, law enforcement and veteran communities;
- improve advocacy and outreach efforts in order to remove care barriers, both perceived and real, within the various professions presented
Take the free cultural competence course in firearms
Step 1 – Watch the course video below.
(Runtime is 3 hours.)
Step 2 – Take the online quiz.
(Estimated 15-20 minutes to complete.)
Step 3 – A WTTA representative will contact you via email with proof of completion!